For almost 200 years, Gettysburg College has provided a consequential education to generations of innovative, driven students and encouraged them to Do Great Work in their communities and across the world.
Founded in 1832, Gettysburg College is a highly selective, four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Nationally ranked for value, academic programs, and campus experiences, Gettysburg is committed to high-impact experiential learning opportunities that translate to valuable outcomes and careers for our 2,400 undergraduate students. Our historical past serves as inspiration for our future, and our students exemplify informed citizenship and engaged leadership that continues throughout their lives.
Ranked #16 in the nation for students who study the most by the Princeton Review, those who attend Gettysburg College have proven to be trailblazers of growth and innovation. With small class sizes that encourage strong working relationships with faculty, our students are given the tools they need to succeed in all of their academic endeavors.
- All tenured faculty have a PhD or terminal degree, so our students receive expert, hands-on attention both inside and outside of the classroom.
- We offer over 65 academic programs–offering students the opportunity to double major, major and minor, double minor, and even create their own major.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 10:1, and the average class size is 18.
- More than half of our students conduct research alongside faculty mentors.
- Nearly 60 percent of our students participate in at least one of our nationally-ranked, semester-long study abroad experiences.
Vibrant Campus Life
At Gettysburg, there are no bystanders–and for most of our students, that means getting involved in campus activities from day one. With more than 120 clubs and organizations offering over a thousand leadership positions and sponsoring more than 800 events on campus each year, Gettysburg students have an abundance of opportunities to get involved as they follow their passions.
- As a residential campus, 95 percent of our students live on campus, with housing guaranteed for all four years.
- We have 24 NCAA Division III athletic teams competing in the legendary Centennial conference.
- We are home to the Sunderman Conservatory of Music, which offers performance ensembles that are open to all Gettysburg students.
- Our dining services rank #15 in the nation for best campus food, according to the Princeton Review.
- Each year, about 85 percent of our students participate in at least one of our campus recreation programs.
A Gettysburg education empowers students with experiential learning opportunities that translate into meaningful careers. Our active global community of over 32,000 alumni provides students with a powerful network to tap into even before they graduate.
Gettysburg graduates pursue meaningful academic and professional work at prestigious institutions and companies, including:
The Gettysburg NetworkDiscover our Center for Career Engagement
Admissions and Aid
Admission to Gettysburg College is highly selective–we seek highly motivated students with the potential to Do Great Work. Our students come from diverse ethnic, religious, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds. We are keenly interested in individuals of character—those who are bright, creative, and curious; and those who will leave lasting impacts on the campus community and beyond.
Gettysburg’s value and ROI is unmistakable. We are consistently recognized by organizations such as the Princeton Review, Forbes, Money Magazine, and PayScale for low student debt and high alumni earnings. About 62 percent of our students receive need-based grants and merit scholarships, including:
- Eisenhower Scholarship - $43,000 annually
- Abraham Lincoln Scholarship - $39,000 annually
- Presidential Scholarship - $36,000 annually
- David Wills Scholarship - $33,000 annually
- 1832 Founders Scholarship - $27,000 annually
- Gettysburg College–Gilder Lehrman Institute History Scholarship - $5,000 annually
Apply TodaySchedule a campus visit
Get the Facts
Visit our Facts & Figures page, along with our Academic Programs page, for additional information about Gettysburg College.
In compliance with federal requirements, we also provide extensive information on campus policies and safety measures as well as our commitment to providing equal opportunities.