Services offered by Counseling Services
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Referrals to local providers
- Consultations for students seeking information for how to help friends
- Educational programs
Services NOT offered by Counseling Services
- Court mandated therapy
- Mental health evaluations for having comfort/emotional assistance animals in residence halls
- Psychological evaluations for learning disabilities
- Intensive Outpatient therapy (IOP; i.e. we cannot guarantee weekly appointments)
- Comprehensive threat assessments or forensic evaluations
- Therapy appointments are not offered to students who are studying off campus
**Important Note: During the Covid Pandemic, we ARE offering therapy appointments to students who are studying off campus, with two exceptions: we cannot provide services to students who are out of the country, and a few states do not allow us to practice over state lines. But call us for an appointment, and we will determine how best we can help you!
Please note that, while we are not able to offer these services, we are able to assist you in finding these resources in the local community.
To make an appointment with a counselor:
Simply give us a call at 717-337-6960 or stop by the Counseling Services Reception Window, located in the east end of the Health Center.
Appointments are typically 45 minutes in length.
Services are available to currently enrolled students, while classes are in session.
There are no fees for counseling services. However, as of January of 2017, you will be charged $40 for each missed appointment and each appointment cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.