Welcome to the Gettysburg College Community
The Office of Human Resources welcomes you to Gettysburg College. As a new employee, we are aware that you will have many questions regarding your place as part of the Gettysburg community. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance. We are located on the ground floor of Pennsylvania Hall, or you may reach us by calling our office at extension 6202. Again, welcome to Gettysburg College!
Forms Necessary to Receive Pay
Please complete these forms in the Human Resources Office within your first three days of employment. These forms are necessary for you to be paid.
- Employee Financial Responsibility Statement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Workers' Compensation Information
- Notice of Rights and Duties
- Eligibility Employment Verification
- Local Income Tax Withholding
- Direct Deposit Authorization
Gettysburg College is a Harassment and Discrimination-Free Workplace
Gettysburg College is committed to maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students and a professional workplace free from harassment and discrimination for its employees. As a new employee at Gettysburg College, it is important to familiarize yourself with our Harassment and Discrimination-Free Workplace Policy.
Top 5 Things to Do in Your First Week of Employment
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Receive your parking tag from the Department of Public Safety
- Get an ID Card
- Grab a sandwich at the Bullet Hole
Top 10 Things to Do in Your First Month of Employment
- Familiarize yourself with the Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- Attend New Employee Orientation facilitated by the HR Office
- Take a Wellness Class
- Visit the John F. Jaeger Center for Athletics, Recreation, and Fitness
- Find out "Who we are & What we do"
- Read Key Messages about Gettysburg College
- Attend a Majestic Theater Show
- Visit the Musselman Library
- Check out Grab Expeditions
Things to Do in Gettysburg
- Go to the Visitors' Center
- Tour the Battlefield by bus, horse or Segway
- Attend the Reenactment
- Visit the Gettysburg local wineries
- Attend First Friday downtown
- Go to the National Apple Harvest Festival
- Tour the Eisenhower Farm
- Go for coffee at The Ragged Edge
Messages for our new employees
Welcome to Gettysburg College! The many people who make up our community are highly committed individuals who support the mission of the College and their respective department. This creates a strong sense of place and belonging, making Gettysburg College the dynamic place that it is. There are countless opportunities for people to collaborate with prospective, future and former members of our community. We serve, educate and empower one another. We are committed to excellence. Each person of this community has every opportunity to make a positive difference and to make significant contributions, creating a collegial atmosphere. It comes to no surprise that Gettysburg College is consistently among one of the top 50 Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania. We are pleased that you have joined the Gettysburg College community and we look forward to the many great things that can be accomplished together. Susan Fumagalli, Associate Director of Athletics
Welcome to our community! I’d like to share a few reasons why I feel Gettysburg College is the best place to work. The people here would have to top my list. Everyone I have ever encountered is friendly, supportive, and willing to help. There is a real sense of teamwork campus wide, with helping our students succeed as a common goal. There is flexibility which allows you to be productive in your position, but also maintain your family life. I am especially grateful for the excellent benefits, including a tuition allowance for you and your dependents, medical and dental plans, as well as a retirement plan. Our Wellness Program is a model for the area and offers various programs to improve your health and well-being, and our beautiful new “Center” is a great place to get fit with state-of-the-art equipment and a regulation-size pool. Our library is the perfect resource for books, DVDs, journals, etc. and if we don’t own it, our interlibrary loan program can probably get it for you. There is also a digital center in the library with equipment that can be used for that special project. So, I hope as you settle into your new position on campus, you’ll begin to enjoy the resources available to us and realize what a great place this is to work! Sue Holz, Academic Administrative Assistant
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll in benefits at Gettysburg College?
- How do I establish telephone, voice-mail, email and computer access?
- How do I get a Gettysburg College ID, office key, and parking permit?
- What's happening at Gettysburg College?
- Where can I find a campus map so I can learn my way around campus?