Jeff Foster and Darrien Davenport update the community about student COVID-19 testing, housing, mask wearing, and employee vaccinations.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and/or if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Reminders and updates:
- Testing: Over the past few weeks, we have noticed that there has been an increase in students missing their testing appointments. Every student is required to test twice a week, through the end of the semester, including Finals Week, unless they have an exemption. Even if you have already received the vaccine, you are still required to be tested twice a week. Any student who misses testing two times will be assigned to short-term remote study.
- End-of-semester housing information: Residential & First-Year Programs (RFYP) shared important end-of-semester housing information that includes residence hall closing dates. Read more here.
- Mask reminder: As the weather continues to get warmer, and students and employees spend more time outdoors, please remember that masks must be worn at all times other than those instances outlined in the health guidelines section of the COVID-19 website.
- Employee vaccinations: Human Resources is asking employees to share their vaccination record in order to monitor our community progress.
- Symptom monitoring: Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your continued cooperation this spring semester. Let’s be sure to stay focused and finish strong in these last three weeks. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life