Jeff Foster and Darrien Davenport update the community about end of semester reminders, vaccine information, student and employee testing, mask wearing, and symptom monitoring.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and/or if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Reminders and updates:
- End of semester reminders: Information was sent earlier this week about end of semester student testing, residence halls closing, leaving campus, and late departures. Read more here.
- Vaccine information: Once students have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, they should upload their vaccination card into the secure Medicat portal. Students will repeat this process after their second dose as well. Employees should forward their vaccine card information to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees can also drop off a copy to the Human Resources office on the first floor of Pennsylvania Hall. Within the next two weeks, employees will have the opportunity to enter their vaccination information through the SISCO system. More information about the SISCO system and how to access it will be shared soon.
- Community walk-in vaccination sites: WellSpan Health announced new ways for community members to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning Friday, April 30, anyone 16 years and older can receive walk-in vaccinations at select times and locations. For more information, visit the WellSpan website.
- Student Testing: Every student is required to test twice a week through the end of the semester, including Finals Week, unless they have an exemption. Even if you have already received the vaccine, you are still required to be tested twice a week.
- Employee Testing: Employee testing will conclude on May 21.
- Mask reminder: As the weather continues to get warmer, and students and employees spend more time outdoors, please remember that masks must be worn at all times other than those instances outlined in thehealth guidelines section of the COVID-19 website.
- Symptom monitoring: Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your continued cooperation this spring semester. Let’s be sure to stay focused and finish strong. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life