Your source for student events and programs taking place online due to COVID-19.
On this page:
Gettysburg College's inaugural Virtual January Term (J-Term) provides students with free, hands-on programming over the winter break. View details.
Find information on current status, frequently asked questions, official messages, and more. View details.
Try this campus tool to sign up for virtual events and connect with the college community. Students can log in using their college credentials. This tool provides a centralized location for event management and promotion, organization management, and provides new avenues for connecting with members of the Gettysburg College community. Find events, groups, and connect today!
Check out resources like health and wellness guides, free online fitness, mindfulness moments, and more.
- Gettysburg Self-Care Guide. Check out these resources to help you maintain your well-being from home.
- Emotional wellness and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Response guidance on health and wellness
- Follow Gettysburg Good on Instagram to stay in touch with students and provide ongoing useful information. Counseling’s dog Zach has an online presence!
- Dear DOGtor Zach & Co. Have you ever wanted to ask a counseling professional a question without making an appointment? Now’s your chance! DM us @gettysburggood or email us.
- Talk with PEEPS. PEEPS (Peers Educating and Supporting Peers to Succeed) are students that provide support to other students in many different areas, such as academic stress, difficulty adjusting to college, homesickness, relationship difficulties, time management, sleep issues, difficulty coping, and grief. Contact Counseling Services for Zoom information and scheduling.
- Try RSL’s Instagram for virtual poetry moments, meditations, mindfulness, and more.
- Breathe Gettysburg. Stressed? Distracted? Anxious? Okay, right now, wherever you are, take a slow, deep breath. This collection of classes and experiences are here to help you build resilience to handle the challenges of everyday life by developing mindfulness skills. See the full schedule.
- Take an orange & blue coloring break. Print out these campus scenes of Penn Hall and Musselman Library and you’ve got a calming campus coloring project.
- Relax and have some fun participating in Alumni Relation virtual events like college trivia nights, campus building history tours, gallery talks, and more!
- Check out the website and Instagram for up to date information on fitness classes, intramurals, club sports, special events and hours of fitness facilities.
- See the website for the Bullets Athletics response to COVID-19. Stay connected on Instagram and Facebook.
These key programs continue to support students’ personal and interpersonal growth, development, and learning.
- CCE Is Here For You! Visit the website for the latest info on making an appointment, programs, and services. Stay connected on Instagram and Facebook.
- Join connectGettysburg. Over 1,100 alumni and parents have raised their hand to mentor students and provide career advice. Go to the College’s official networking and mentoring platform connectGettysburg and start connecting virtually with the Gettysburg Network today!
Civil War Institute (CWI)
- Visit the CWI on Facebook and Instagram.
- View videos of past virtual events such as battlefield tours and interviews with leading historians here.
Eisenhower Institute (EI)
- Connect to EI on Instagram and Facebook.
- EI Live. Catch up on the Eisenhower Institute Live Playlist.
- See what the GLC is up to on Instagram and Facebook.
- Views from the 202: Leadership Discussions with the GLC at Gettysburg College. Check out this podcast directed at current and aspiring student leaders who are interested in further pursuing, developing, and refining their leadership knowledge and ability. Learn more and listen.
- Check out all of OME’s virtual programming and events on Instagram and Facebook.
- Visit LGBTQIA+ Life on Instagram.
- View videos of past events:
- Exposing Racisms Discussion Series. Environmental, individual, institutional, and cultural racism were discussed by alumni and staff in this four-part series held in July.
- Poetic Justice: Black Poets and the Movement for Black Lives with Professor McKinley Melton.
- Race, Community, and Memory in Gettysburg with John Rudy ‘07.
- Current Issues Dialogue. During this June 2 event, students and faculty shared thoughts on news issues such as protests, social distance withdrawal, COVID-19's impact on underrepresented groups, and other topics. Check out articles, books, and links shared by the panelists.
- See Musselman Library ’s guide to services and resources for information on how to use the library this semester.
- Connect to the library on Instagram and Facebook.
- Antiracist Reading Materials. Visit the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Resource Guide and select Antiracism for a list of excellent books available through the Musselman collection. Visit Musselman Library’s OverDrive Collection to check out titles available in the Black Lives Matter: Community Read program.
- The Cupola. Browse research and scholarship.
- Documenting COVID-19 at Gettysburg College. Help create and preserve the historical record of this unique time in College history. Visit the Documenting COVID-19 at Gettysburg College web page to share your unique Gettysburg student experiences with Special Collections and College Archives.
- A bit of library fun! Try a jigsaw puzzle of an 1898 volume that was conserved by Special Collections, a jigsaw puzzle of a Gettysburg College memorabilia, or print out this Musselman Library coloring page.
Social programs and entertainment
The College is committed to continuing to provide a robust offering of social opportunities for students. The links below provide opportunities to take a break, ease your mind, and connect with other students. Our social and entertainment programming includes virtual pub trivia, E-Sports tournaments, bingo, crafts shipped straight to you, spoken word artists, and much more!
- Learn more about our upcoming programs and activities you can do on your own time.