Jeff Foster, D.Ed., Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students, and Darrien Davenport, Ed.D., Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life, remind the campus community to check the College’s COVID-19 dashboard and provide updates about the Jaeger Center, in-person dining, and weekly testing.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Please note that based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Reminders and updates:
Thank you for all you are doing to keep our community safe. We are excited to be able to open more opportunities to students, including in-person dining and regular Jaeger Center hours. We know restrictions aren’t easy, but we are hopeful that we can continue down this path and have a vibrant spring together.
- All Dining Services locations are currently providing in-person and take out dining options. Dining Services will continue to expand its in-person dining options as space allows, based on all state and federal physical distancing rules and guidelines. Beginning February 22, and in conjunction with the regular hours of operation of the Jaeger Center, the Dive will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The menu will consist of premade salads and sandwiches and the full menu of made to order smoothies.
- Due to winter weather this week, some test results have been slightly delayed.
- Please remember that students are required to test twice per week. Either on Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Saturday. More information and important reminders about testing were emailed to students on February 16.
- As we conclude the week, all students should report to Plank Gym tomorrow (Saturday 2/20) to be tested unless they have an exemption. Those students exempt from testing are already aware of their exemption.
- Faculty and staff who are teaching and/or working on campus, even on a limited or rotational basis, must be tested on a regular basis. Important reminders about employee testing were emailed on February 17.
- Employee testing was canceled for Thursday, February 17. Employees who were scheduled to test that day can visit Plank Gym to be tested with no appointment during the following time slots: Tuesday/Wednesday from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. or Thursday/Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your cooperation this spring semester. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life