Jeff Foster and Darrien Davenport update the community about delayed test results, travel exemptions, housing information, wellness days, and a mask-wearing reminder.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
Please note that Mobile Health has informed us that test results for Wednesday (April 14) are delayed. The dashboard does not yet reflect the results from the Wednesday tests.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Please note that based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and/or if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Reminders and updates:
- Wednesday test result delay: Mobile Health has informed us that test results for Wednesday’s tests (April 14) will be delayed. Mobile Health has shared that the server at the lab went down overnight. The lab is working to get the server back online.
- Travel exemption request update:In order to limit the number of students that would need to quarantine during finals week, requests to travel beyond the 5-mile radius for more than 24 hours from First-Years, Sophomores, and Juniors will be denied if the student’s return date is after May 5th. If a student must travel for more than 24 hours and can only return after May 5th, they should plan to move out of their on-campus residence upon their departure and complete the remainder of their semester remotely. Seniors that are approved to travel for more than 24 hours will still be subject to quarantine expectations upon their return, and may be required to remain in quarantine until Commencement, depending on their return date.
- End-of-semester housing information: Residential & First-Year Programs (RFYP) shared important end-of-semester housing information that includes residence hall closing dates. Read more here.
- Student and Employee wellness: Earlier today, President Iuliano sent an email to students about a third Wellness Day on April 23 and a message to employees about a variety of initiatives taking place to support their wellness.
- Mask reminder: As the weather continues to get warmer and students and employees spend more time outdoors, please remember that masks must be worn at all times other than those instances outlined in the health guidelines section of the COVID-19 website.
- Testing: As a reminder, the testing center will be closed from from noon to 12:45 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Read more. Students are required to test twice per week, either on Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Saturday. As we conclude the week, all students should report to Plank Gym tomorrow, Saturday, April 17, to be tested, unless they have an exemption. Those students exempt from testing are already aware of their exemption. Students who miss COVID-19 testing a second time may be assigned to remote study.
- Symptom monitoring: Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your continued cooperation this spring semester. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life